Looking for something nourishing, and delicious to make? Granola is an excellent source of fiber, inflammation-reducing omegas and natural functional ingredients for your body. You can make a granola out of any combination of Oats + Nuts you have available but we've prepared a guide below to help get you started.
Oats 2 Cups (we recommend Bob's Red Mill Organic Oats)
Nuts 1-1 1/2 Cups crushed in food processor (Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Sunflowers Seeds, etc.)
Cocoa Powder 1/4 Cup (we recommended Whole Foods Organic Cocoa Powder)
Dash of Sea Salt
Dash of Cinnamon (Frontier Co-op Organic Cinnamon)
Coconut Flakes or Chips 1 Cup
Honey 1/4 Cup
Oil 1/4 Cup (Avocado, Sunflower Seed, Blend, etc.)
Nut Butter 1/4 Cup (we recommend Barney Almond Butter)
1. Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees
2. Assemble Dry ingredients first - In a large bowl, combine the following:
Oats, Nuts, Cocoa Powder, Salt, Cinnamon, Coconut
3. Assemble Wet Ingredients:
In a small saucepan on stove (low heat)
Combine honey, nut butter, vanilla, and oil. Constantly stir on low heat until well-blended and then immediately remove from heat.
4. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir well to combine
5. Disperse mix evenly on large baking sheet.
6. Place in oven at 275F for 20 minutes. Check periodically to ensure the granola does not burn (can burn easily!). Turn down to 225 for another 20 mins (check consistently).
7. Remove from oven and let cool completely before eating or storing.
Store in large mason jar or container - crush as desired.
Use your granola for snacking, topping cereal, yogurt,
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian